CIR 2019 POINTS POLICY
- Any racer may join the points program at Cordova International Raceway and can join points at any time during the season. Points will start accumulating once they join, but in order for points to be retroactive a racer must sign up for points by May 20, 2019. A racer must be a points member to race at the Bracket Team Finals and to receive year-end points fund monies.
- Racers may join more than one CIR Points class, but may only have/run one“X” number in one category. You must decide by May 20, 2019 which class that will be.
- In the case of Bracket Finals, each racer will only be allowed one entry into the BTF. In the case of an unfilled roster, racers entered into more than one points class may be allowed multiple entries at BTF. This will be determined the week before the event and on a case by case basis with CIR management.
- To join CIR points, each racer will need to fill out the Points paperwork and go through extended tech. There is no fee associated with joining the CIR Points Program.
- This includes Pro, Super Pro, and Juniors.
- A racer earns points – 10 pts for entering and 10 pts for each round win. The winner of each race will earn 2 additional points and the runner-up will earn 1 additional point.
- BONUS POINTS: Sunday points day, August 28, will be 20 points to enter and 11 points per round win.
- No Team drivers allowed.
- You may not transfer points between classes.
- The points go with the Driver and his/her number. We don’t care what vehicle you drive in your class so long as you have your number on the entry and the entry is class legal. Please make sure your tech card is filled out completely to track points properly. You cannot change vehicles once eliminations have started.
- If you have any questions about your points please contact the office as soon as you have a question. We try to get them posted on the website by Wednesday following points races.
Summit Super Series (SSS) “X” Numbers for World Finals and Bracket Finals
The CIR Points Class Track Champions in Top ET, Modified, and Super Junior will all advance straight to Memphis, TN on October 17-20, 2019 to compete in the SSS Race at the World Finals! To be eligible to advance to the World Finals to participate in the SSS race, you MUST have an “X” number with which you have been racing all year long. All “X” participants must have their “X” number paid for and registered by MAY 20, 2019. If the Class Champion does not have an “X” number, then the next-in-line order will be determined by:
- The number two points position will advance to Memphis if they have an “X” number.
- If the number two points position does not have an “X” number, then the number three points position with an “X” number will advance to Memphis. Etc, etc.
If you do not qualify to participate in the SSS at the World Finals by winning your class through the CIR Points program, you still have a chance to qualify by racing and winning your class at the BTF. Each class winner with an “X” number at BTF will also advance to the SSS Race at the World Finals in Memphis. Each track has the potential to send six racers to Memphis!
To Sign Up for a Summit Super Series “X” Number:
First, visit http://ihra.com/superseries-homefor more information on the Summit Super Series. Once you decide to participate, here are the steps to follow:
- Make sure your IHRA license is current and you have a valid “X” number by MAY 20, 2019. Any “X” numbers registered after this date will NOT be allowed to participate in the SSS World Finals Race.
- Enter the CIR points program in Top, Mod or Super Junior. There will be no run-off between Super Junior and Novice Junior to determine who will represent CIR for the SSS race at the World Finals.
Points Membership Program – Bracket Team Finals (BTF)
Points will be awarded to members in Top Eliminator, Modified, Super ET, True Street, and Junior Dragster classes. Fifty (50) entries including Juniors and High School entries will represent CIR at the 2019 IHRA Summit Team Bracket Finals in Eddyville on Sept 5-8, 2019. The points standings through August 25, 2019 (Pts Race #10) will determine the qualifiers for the team. The team composition will be determined from memberships on a per class basis. Enrollment includes eligibility for the end of season cash points fund. You do NOT have to have an “X” number to race at BTF, but you must have a current IHRA license/membership. If you choose to go to BTF and win your class but do not have an “X” number, you will not be able to travel to Memphis for the World Finals. Since there is no charge for the points program, you will have to pay your own entry at BTF.
Trophy Class (no points)
Winner and Runner-Up Trophy
Super Junior and Novice Junior (points)
1-8 cars: Trophies for Winner and Runner-up
9-16 cars: Trophies above and include Semi-finalist
17+ cars: Trophies above and include Quarter-finalist