CORDOVA, Ill. — The 67th Annual O’Reilly Auto Parts World Series of Drag Racing, the world’s longest continually running drag racing event, returns to Cordova International Raceway August 27-29.
The 67th Annual O’Reilly Auto Parts World Series of Drag Racing features the most exotic racing machines on the planet, including fire-breathing Top Fuel Dragsters, Nitro Funny Cars, Jet Cars, ground-pounding Pro Mods, and a gravity-defying Wheelstander.
Event Date: Friday, August 27 – Sunday, August 29
Spectator Parking – enter venue through Gate Two off Hwy. 84
Racer, RV, and Camping – entry is through Gate One
- No single-entry passes for Gate One
- Pitside Motorhome Parking is through Gate One
Thursday Event Schedule:
Racer Registration Parking: 10am – 8pm
Friday Event Schedule:
Racer Pit Parking: 7 am
Gates Open: 12 Noon for all ticket holders
Racing Begins: 8:30 am
Feature Show (Pro Show): 6 pm
Saturday Event Schedule:
Racer Pit Parking: 7 am
Gates Open: 8 am for all ticket holders
Racing Begins: 8 am
Feature Show (Pro Show): 6 pm + 8pm
Hall of Fame showcase to be 6 pm!
Sunday Bracket Racing Event Schedule:
Racer Registration begins at 7:30 am
Time Trial: 8:30 am
Sportsman eliminations to follow each day!
Event Admission Information
Adult 3-Day SUPER PASS: $80
Child 6-12 3-Day SUPER PASS: $25
Friday Adult: $35
Friday Child (6-12): $15
Saturday Adult: $45
Saturday Child (6-12): $15
Sunday Adult: $15
Sunday Child (6-12): $5
Camping Info: $60 per site
- With Weekend Camping Permit, each person must purchase a 3 Day Super Pass
Discounted admission tickets to the 67th O’Reilly Auto Parts World Series of Drag Racing are available exclusively at participating O’Reilly Auto Parts stores! There will be a $5.00 discount.
Spectator tickets are available in advance at RaceCIR.com and at the Cordova International Raceway entry gates Friday and Saturday.
Every spectator ticket is a pit pass and includes free spectator-side parking (Gate Two).
Golf Cart Information
- You must buy a registration sticker ($20 permit for the weekend)
- You must have a valid state-issued driver’s license
- If you are caught without registration, your vehicle will remain parked
- Spectator golf carts will not be allowed in the staging lane – only racers carts allowed while pushing/pulling equipment
No coolers are allowed in the grandstands/bleachers!
Feature Show / Pro Show Information (Friday and Saturday):
Three-Time Top Fuel Champion Larry Dixon facing Iowa native Jack Wyatt in a Top Fuel (Dixon) v. Funny Car (Wyatt) bout. The star-studded lineup for the 67th Annual World Series of Drag Racing also includes:
- Funny Car entries of Dale Creasy and Joe Haas
- Danny Sullivan, Al Zee, and Danny Crownhart in jet dragster action
- Richard Hutchins behind the wheel of the wheelstander Chevy Rebellion
- KJ Lennon and Chris Schneider riding the Popular Nostalgia Funny Cars
- Pro Stocks (Mark Pappas), Gassers (Bryan Huffman), Fuel Alters (Scott Gaulter and Neil Hinman), and Front Engine Dragsters (Malloy and Bernie Bartella)
- Jim Young – Nostalgia Front Engine Dragsters
- Pro Mods include: Mike Recchia, Jason Hamstra, Tony Williams, Vince Portera, Randy Adler, Brandon Lewis, Chuck Weck, Bill Graziano.
Drag Racing legend Arnie “The Farmer” Beswick will serve as the Grand Marshal for the 67th Annual O’Reilly Auto Parts World Series of Drag Racing. Beswick will participate in pre-race ceremonies Saturday evening. Additionally, he will be available for meet and greets as well as autographs Friday and Saturday.